Thursday 13 December 2012

Some info on the book

Sorry I haven't been posting in a while.  It's because I- well, i just haven't been posting in a while.

Here's a nutshell sized update on my life since my last post-
Still getting book published
Still writing Red Zone
Getting tempted to write some short stories
Started reading the diviners, making it the fourth book i'm currently reading (The power of six, the true tale of billy dean, the hobbit, the diviners)
Caught a cold, or a virus, or an infection or something


That's it.

Oh yeah, I got some clarification on publicity for my book when it's going to be published.  If you're planning on buying it, it'll be on amazon, on kindle and adobe glassbook (I didn't know adobe had an e-reader) and hopefully in mainstream book shops.  The reason for the "Maybe" is because it's the book shops choice to stock it or not, so we'll see.  Of course, you will be able to find it in libraries as well.  Me and my family can pursue any publicity ideas we want to as well, so that's cool.

People have been asking what the book is about a lot, and when they do, my brain decides to turn off and then I have no idea what the book is about.  So I'm gonna put a little description here so I can tell people to come here if they want to know.

This is the "blurb" an editor wrote me for my gift copy at penguin (still loving that, by the way):

Daniel Edwards wakes up in a world that is not his own.  There are people he doesn't know, a school he doesn't understand, and, most worryingly of all, policemen who are willing to kill.  One thing's for sure:  If he stays here, he'll die.
But how will he escape the Abrexi- a corporation with seemingly unbelievable power?
He must put his strength, intelligence and courage to the test against an enemy he could never have imagined.

That pretty much sums it up well.  It's better than my mum's explanation (Kind of a future setting) and mine, that's even worse (It's quite hard to explain)



Finally, I'm going to start putting some of my writing on wattpad, so check out my profile (http://www.wattpad.com/user/The7OfClubs)  regularly if you want to read some more of my stuff.


Wow, this blog has steered right into the direction of "All about my writing" now.  That was not intended.


That's all for now.  Thanks for reading.


Stay frosty,

-Joe







No comments:

Post a Comment