Monday 10 December 2012

Challenge.... Completed

"I would love to be have a book i've written published by time i'm 13, at the most."  That was the challenge I set myself in year 5 of primary school when we had to give ourselves targets for the future.  Well, Challenge completed.


On Friday we got a call from Sarah at starlight.  My mum answered and I knew that something was going on as she talked.  As it turns out, Live it publishing, a company dedicated to getting new authors off the ground, loved the book and want to publish it.  Cue (happy) scream.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that in two months time, my book will be on the shelves for anyone to buy.  I can't comprehend that a professional publishing company has read my book, and is prepared to put a lot of money into it because they believe it can sell.  It still feels like The world (That's the book, by the way) is just a daydream, and that really, it'll never be successful.

Thanks so much to starlight for securing this deal, to live it publishing for believing in my book, and to whoever was round my house the day I came up with the idea.  I think we had a Nerf war and then I dreamed about Nerf wars that night which led me to the dream that spawned the idea.  Phew.


Also, my internet blogging crusade thingy is not yet over.  I still need to get the blog even more popular so people can find out about the book.

Well, that's it for now.  Keep coming back here for information on the book and notifications of events / where to buy the book when it comes out.


Oh yeah, and I've began my journey through the pile of books that penguin gave me.  First up:  The true story of Billy dean.  I'm about halfway through and i'm considering started the power of six as well.


Stay frosty!

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment