Thursday 29 November 2012

Some news!

This week is one of the shortest school weeks for me.  I get Wednesdays off, as I said earlier, and then today is "academic planning day" at my school, where you meet with your tutor and "Discuss your progress and goals."  Let me show you an average academic planning day.
Tutor:  So, hows school going?
Me: Good.
Tutor:  Are your lessons going well?
Me: Yep.
Tutor: have you joined some clubs?
Me: I have.
Tutor: Do you have any problems you have to discuss?
Me: Hmmmm... Nope.
Tutor:  Okay, that's great.  see you next week.
Me: Bye.

Now because of that, we get the rest of the day off.  Yaaay!  And Friday is teacher training day.  Again, Yaaay!

I want to start this post with a thanks.  The blog of joe has been up with a week and since then had 205 pageviews.  It's safe to say this is the most popular online venture I have done.  Well, excluding a water fight video I filmed and posted on youtube that got 1,300 views.  Anyway, thanks to everyone for reading the blog, sharing it on facebook and telling your friends about it.

Also, it's that time again.  More writing at 250 pageviews! I have some things i'd like to share on the blog that I wrote earlier this week.  They're 6, VERY short stories- I've said too much already.  Wait till 250 views.

Finally, there's a big decision that i'm thinking of making.  Well, when I say thinking of making, it means i've pretty much made the decision.  I have a habit of quickly picking things without looking around for other stuff.  So if I was shopping for, say, a kindle, somebody would tell me the keyboard one has free 3G on it and i'd just be like, "Ooh, I want that one!" Without looking at the others.  (Glad I didn't decide I wanted the keyboard one, apparently it's the worst.)  I'm rambling again, aren't I?  Gotta stop doing that...
So, back to this mystical decision of mine.  I've heard that since I wrote my book, my writing skills have improved dramatically.  Hearing this, I'm starting to contemplate writing another novel.  Yes, I only just finished my last book, but if you love doing it and it doesn't hurt anyone, why stop?  This idea is one i've been sitting on since 2010 when I first envisaged the world it's set in (That sounded a little pretentious, but i'll go with it.) Ever since I sort of built up the world's lore as a hobby.  i've changed it and changed it around so much to make it feel right.  For this reason, it seemed like a really good book idea where i've got everything set to go.  I really didn't want to muck it up and after about two failed book attempts, I decided to wait until I felt ready to do it.

Now is that time.


Damn, that was epic!

But i have to refrain from writing this first, because I still want to finish Red zone, my 4 volume short story i shared with y'all the other day.  I'm really enjoying writing it and I don't want to abandon it because I get caught up in "Novel Fever."




That's all for now peoples.  Keep on sharing!

As always, Stay frosty.



-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment