Monday 26 November 2012

There's no feeling like mild excitement...

Everyone probably knows that in a school science lab the chairs are backless stools.  now, because of my hypermobility, I can't sit on these for more than five minutes before i'm in agony from back pain.  So, it was arranged that a stool with a back would be given to me in my science lesson.  The only problem is, though, in other lessons the other kids take it to their places, so when I come in the teacher tells me to get the chair for myself and I end up doing a walk of shame down the classroom with my chair, because to everyone else it looks like i'm just taking the chair.  I just want to clarify that to everyone in my science class.

In other news, Someone threw a football at my head today.  Ow.  It was intentional as well.  I know, right?
If the people who threw that at me are reading this, i'll give you some friendly advice.  Don't do that.  It'll probably come back to you in a bad way.

Anyway, when I said I was mildly excited, That was another lie.  It was a good blog post title. I'm actually very excited.  Remember how I said the starlight foundation was trying to get my book published?  Probably not.  Just a reminder in case you don't remember: They are doing that.  Well, they approached a buttload of publishers (Buttload, so poetic) about the book.  One of them was the extremely popular publishers penguin.  They didn't want to publish my book, but they did offer me a tour of their offices.  And, it's next week.  By the way, they scheduled that months ago.  It's not that short notice.
So yeah, super pumped for that.

Also, I though i'd give you an update on how the search for a publisher has going.

Have you seen that picture on facebook, where it says need experience to get a job, need a job to get experience?  That sums up publishing a first book.  So starlight suggested to go down the self-publishing route.  For those of you who don't understand just how literal self-publishing is, it's where one would print their book their selves and promote it themselves.  We're really thinking of doing this because it's a great way to get your name out there in the authoring world.

That's all for now.

Stay frosty,

-Joe

1 comment: