Tuesday 2 April 2013

My charity read-a-thon

Ever heard of a book-a-thon?  No? That's because I just made them up

You know how some people run or swim for charity? Well, I'm not able to do that, and if I was able to, it really isn't the kind of thing I'd want to do.  But I still love giving to charities, so I found a way to mix something I am able to do, and want to do, with raising money for charities.  A book marathon!
On the morning of the weekend of the 20th to the 21st of April, I will be sitting down and reading until the late hours of the night.  It's like doing a marathon for charity, only replacing running with reading.
I'll be picking a list of books, all 200-300 pages long, give or take 20 or so pages either way.  I will, of course, be doing this for charity.  I've chosen the Great Ormond Street hospital fund.  If you've been visiting this blog since I started it in November, then you'll know that I've been going there since I was a baby, and that I want to give something back.  If you want to find out more about why that is, then head to the "Look at the old posts" widget that's over there ->, and read the post "ATS and stuff."
I would be extremely grateful if you could donate.  Even 1 pound will be very much appreciated.  If you would like to donate, then head to my JustGiving page (link at the end of the post) and click donate.  It's totally safe to use JustGiving, but if you would prefer to donate in person then please contact me on facebook or email me.  I'll put the link to my JustGiving page, Facebook profile and my email adress at the end of this post.  If you can't donate, then please share this story with your friends and family.  I will be thankful if you could do whatever you can do to help, whether you are giving money or not.

The GOSHCC (Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity) Helps to acquire medical equipment needed to help children, fund research and to refurbish the hospital to make it a better place.  It's a great charity, and by donating, you could be helping improve, or even save, children's lives.


Thanks very much for reading, and a huge thanks to anyone who donates or shares this story!

My JustGiving page (The place to donate)- http://www.justgiving.com/joesreadathon

My facebook profile- https://www.facebook.com/joseph.t.wills

My email address- wills219@btinternet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment