Monday 22 April 2013

1000 pageviews and a big announcement

Whoa.  The only thing I've done on the internet that had more than a thousand views was a video where two of my friends shot each other with water guns.  And that was only because of the generic words I put in the title (Epic super soaker watergun duel).  Get the digital cakes and party poppers out, because I've hit 1000 pageviews, which is a HUGE milestone for me.  I really didn't think I'd persevere with this blog, and if I did, I was sure no one would care about it.  So, it's amazing that I actually DID persevere, and that people DID care about it.  A really big thanks to everyone who has been visiting my blog or even came here once, and another thanks to all that have shared it with their friends.

Of course, blog milestones don't go uncelebrated around these parts, so along with this post I have a really big announcement to make.  I had a great idea just this morning.  What if there was a short story series that was released every week or so in regular instalments, telling an ongoing story?  It could be like a TV show, where people sit down and read every week when it comes out.  Well, I'm happy to announce I'm going to try this.  And I've got just the story to tell.  Since 2010, I've been building a rich history of a series of worlds.  From the start of their civilisation, right through the ages.  It's an epic, sprawling tale of planetary evolution and survival.  Sound good?
I'm going to write the first part soon, which will chronicle the start of civilisation and the problems the early settlers had to face on this world.  It has nothing to do with earth, and is completely out of my imagination.

 I'm planning on putting this series on wattpad, but I'm happy to announce that you can read the first two episodes right here, before they're put on wattpad!  I'll make sure to tell you when I've written and posted the first two episodes, and then have links to the wattpad series once they start going on there.

Oh yeah, this new series will be called Serium (The name of the planet)


Oh yeah, I finished my readathon yesterday.  Here's the post I put on facebook
I've finished Small Steps at 6:56 PM, with four minutes to spare! My Readathon is officially over. This weekend, I've spent 17 hours reading, with small, 15 minute breaks every hour, and slightly longer breaks for lunch and dinner. I've read 3 books, which were SURVIVE by Alex Morel, THE WEIGHT OF WATER by Sarah Crossan, and SMALL STEPS by Louis Sachar. All together, that's 825 pages (including 25 from The Face On The Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney) 
I've raised 172 pounds for Great Ormond Street Hospital so far. I'm so happy with what I raised, and feel great that this money will be going towards making children's lives better. If you've donated, then the money you have given will go towards making the hospital a nicer place to be in, funding research and buying equipment to help save children's lives. I, and the people of Great Ormond Street, sincerly thank you. thanks toBen Bazley for the visit yesterday and the malteasers. Remember, the page is still on, so you'll still be able to donate after I've finished! There's a link below, so you can click there to donate, or find out more about what I've done.
Thanks!
 Thanks to everyone who has donated and shared my posts! Alsohttp://www.justgiving.com/joesreadathon


Thanks for reading, and for 1000 pageviews!  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
Sorry, that got a bit out of hand.

-Joe


P.S: Get ready for Serium!

No comments:

Post a Comment